Broccoli and Sweet Potato No Dough Pizza Base Recipe (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Legume Free, Paleo, Keto)
I have long been fascinated by pizza, from trying to make it to watching the Pizza Show by Vice. Growing up my Mum would buy pizza bases and let my brother and I choose our toppings. One of the dinner time rules was we had to eat with a knife and fork, this included our pizza apart from the very last two slices. Unfortunately for me, I could never finish a whole pizza. Watching my brother, I was very jealous as he ate with his hands.
Over the last few years I have developed more intolerances and allergies which has somewhat diminished my ability to eat pizza. Put together gluten free, dairy free, corn starch free, nut free, paleo and keto there doesn’t seem to be much left on the list of ingredients you can use. This is when this recipe came into being, partly because I was hungry, bored, and a bit fed up. I wanted comfort food but didn’t want a stomach ache.
With no cauliflower in the shops I used whatever I could find. This is recipe is incredibly simple, tastes great hot and cold, really versatile and you don’t need tomato or cheese for it to taste great.
Broccoli and Sweet Potato No Dough Pizza Base (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Legume Free, Paleo, Keto)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Makes: 2 bases
- 220g florettes of broccoli, wizzed in blender
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan oven). Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper and rub a little oil over it.
- In a microwave safe bowl mix the sweet potato and broccoli, cover and put in the microwave for 7 minutes on high.
- Uncover and mix to cool the vegetables slightly. Mix in the eggs, oil and salt. Divide the mix in half. Spoon each half onto a baking tray. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the mix into a pizza base shape.
- Put the trays into the oven and bake on the first side for 20 minutes until the edges have gone golden brown. Once done, turn the bases over and cook on the second side for a further 7-10 minutes.
Use these as bases for your favourite pizza toppings or, an antipasti by drizzling with extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil leaves.
For more #freefromsummer recipes check out my lovely friends below: